The new Nissan Maxima features an advanced sports sedan styling, and an advanced drivetrain anchored by Nissan’s legendary VQ-series V6 engine.
The 2012 Nissan Maxima comes with a restyled exterior including a new front grille design, new rear combination lights, and new 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel. The interior enhancement for the new Nissan Maxima include a new meter cluster illumination color (white), new Dark Piano-hairline trim, a new Atlantic Cherry wood tone trim and a new Beige interior color.
The 2012 Nissan Maxima also available as a special Limited Edition package, which features smoked appearance headlights, High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon headlights, a compass in the rearview mirror, 18-inch aluminum-alloy Dark Hyper Silver colored wheels, a rear spoiler, dark satin chrome front grille, fog lights, illuminated kick plates, outside mirrors with integrated turn signals and metallic trim on the center cluster, center console and door armrest grips.
Key features of the 2012 Nissan Maxima include:
• Standard 290-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ-series V6 engine
• Standard Xtronic CVT® with manual and “DS” (drive sport) modes with available paddle shifters
• Independent front strut/independent multi-link rear suspension
• A wide range of available technology, including a Bose® premium audio system, RearView Monitor and Nissan Hard Drive Navigation system with XM NavTraffic? Real-Time Traffic information and XM NavWeather™ (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and Voice Recognition
• Available equipment packages include Sport Package, Premium Package, Tech Package and new Limited Edition Package – allowing customers to fine-tune their Maximas to precisely fit their specific needs and budgets.
Scheduled to go on sale in late summer 2011, the new 2012 Nissan Maxima is available in two models: 3.5 S and 3.5 SV. Two new exterior colors are offered for 2012 Nissan Maxima: Java Metallic and Dark Slate.